(Summary of The Kingdom Summit 2014 Session by Cliff Stewart)
STARTUP KINGDOM BUSINESS
Kicking off a new venture always wells within us a hope that it takes off right. Here are some truths that will help us in our endeavors.
WHOSE IDEA WAS IT?
It’s important to always remember that our business idea was sprouted in our minds by our Creator God. It’s His business and we must give Him all the glory and honor.
WHAT IS KINGDOM CULTURE?
A person sporting a nice perfume leaves a pleasant fragrance. As children of the living King, we must bring the fragrance of healing, anointing and restoration to the marketplace through our business venture. This can happen only if we infuse our lives and our businesses with Godly values.
Let’s look at some of them:
- CORPORATE KINGDOM ALIGNMENT
When we are setting up our business, we should want to be certain that the purpose & practices of our business are in alignment with kingdom culture.
- APPOINTMENT OF KEY LEADERS
It’s very pertinent that we seek God’s advice and counsel while appointing people in the company.
THREE ‘P’ POLICY
- PLACE – It’s important for us to have a place to work out of. It could be virtual or real. The Bible says that ‘where our feet shall tread, God will give us the land’. It gives us a tangible presence of the King.
- PROFIT – When God gives us profit, we must look for ways to sow it back with 'no or low' interest loans. We could also use some of it in investing in improving our employees’ skills.
- PRAYER – Most importantly, let’s pray, pray and pray again.
SUSTAINING KINGDOM CULTURE
At no point should we forget who really the CEO of our business is. It is God and God alone. Let us constantly give Him thanks for the miracles, answered prayers, salvations and restoration of lives that happen in and through our workplaces. Let us also be willing to submit to His plans for our lives. Maybe after a couple of years in our business, God might ask us to hand over the work to somebody else and exit. We should be ready to do even that obediently and gracefully.